Volunteer Income Tax Assistance

Loading Map....

Date(s) - 02/26/2020
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm

Hamden High School
2040 Dixwell Ave



Trained volunteers at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites offer free tax filing assistance from January 27-April 15. (Dates and times vary by site). Tax assistance is for people with annual incomes at or below $56,000, regardless of household size. Anyone, regardless of age, can use a VITA site for assistance. VITA volunteers help taxpayers prepare basic federal and Connecticut state tax forms, but do not assist with out-of-state tax forms.

For more information and resources on Tax Help visit website below.

Documents Client Must Bring to VITA Appointment:
1. Photo ID for you and/or spouse if filing jointly
2. Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters for every family member
*If you do not have a card for every member of your family, you must contact the Social Security Administration to replace card prior to having taxes prepared.
3. W-2s and/or 1099’s from ALL jobs worked last year
4. If you signed-up for health insurance through the CT Marketplace, you must bring all tax documents that you receive from the Marketplace (Forms 1095A, B or C)
5. Unemployment compensation (form 1099G)
6. Business expenses, if self-employed
7. Interest/Dividend statements from your financial institutions, if applicable (forms #1099 INT, 1099DIV)
8. Tuition and student loan information, if applicable (form 1098T or 1098E)
9. Documentation from daycare provider (their SSN or EIN), if you paid for child care last year
10. Annual mortgage information, if you own a home
11. CT State last year refund, if you itemized your return last year
12. Taxes paid to the town (property taxes, automobile, etc.)
13. Charitable donations that you made (monetary or other)
14. Other income or IRS notices that you received
15. Copy of last year’s tax return (if you have it)
16. Voided check (or checking account and routing number), if you would like direct deposit
*You can apply for a pre-paid debit card at the tax site if you do not have a checking account

Less than $56,000 annual income